Help PMOPA turn your flight operational data into a safety gold mine. Through your participation in PMOPA’s Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) Program, you are helping PMOPA identify potential safety issues before they become a problem, which, in turn, advances PMOPA’s efforts in reducing the likelihood of future accidents and incidents.
Can my flight data be seen by other program participants?
Data sharing through PMOPA’s FDM Program is confidential. You will be the sole owner of your stored individual data, and it will be stored on a secure cloud-based web server with Department-of-Defense-level encryption and data security. Your individual flight data will be aggregated with all other program participant data and identifying information (e.g., aircraft tail number, serial number, owner’s name) is de-identified and not included in any aggregate reports.
Why has PMOPA chosen a third party to assist with this program?
Fuzion Safety’s role in this process is to aggregate all flight data submitted by participants and to assist PMOPA with aggregated safety analysis. By uploading your flight data, you are contributing to a larger effort to improve aviation safety. With two decades of experience in data analysis and advancing aviation safety, Fuzion Safety is the ideal partner for PMOPA to derive meaningful value from PA-46 aircraft data.
What is the difference between the FDM Program and Flight Operational Quality Assurance (FOQA)?
These two terms/acronyms – FDM and FOQA – often are used interchangeably. Both are voluntary programs for the routine collection and analysis of flight operational data to provide more information about, and greater insight into, the total flight operations environment.
A FOQA program combines these data with other sources and operational experience to develop objective information to enhance safety, training effectiveness, operational procedures, maintenance and engineering procedures, and air traffic control (ATC) procedures.
PMOPA’s FDM Program provides similar value from data collection and analytics as a FOQA program, focusing on enhancing safety, training effectiveness, operational procedures, and maintenance, but the FDM Program is not conducted in conjunction with the FAA.
Is participating in PMOPA’s FDM Program mandatory?
No. Your participation in PMOPA’s FDM Program is completely voluntary. However, we believe that it’s the much-needed critical step towards improving your individual safety and the safety record of the PA-46 fleet, the result of which will be more favorable treatment from the insurance market. However, if you wish to discontinue your participation in this program at any time, please notify PMOPA in writing, and you will be removed from the FDM Program for future flights.
How do I sign up to participate in PMOPA’s FDM Program?
So, what are you waiting for? Join the FOQA program today and help us make flying safer for everyone! To learn more, visit https://www.pmopa.com/flight-data-monitoring.
After you complete the sign-up form and agree to PMOPA’s terms for participation in this program, PMOPA will provide your information to Fuzion Safety. Fuzion Safety will set up an account for you in their system and then contact you with instructions to get started, which also are stated below in the FAQ “How do I transmit my flight data to Fuzion Safety?”
How do I transmit my flight data to Fuzion Safety?
To get started, follow the steps below.
How to Log In and Upload Flight Data
- Visit https://app.wbat.org/pmopa/landing/.
- Type in your credentials. Enter the username that we provided and then select “Forgot Password” to reset your password. You will receive an email at the address you used to sign up with, containing a link to reset your password.
- Select the link in the email to reset your password and then log in to the system.
- Once you have finished logging into the system, you will be under the “Flight Crew” tab. Check to be sure you are under “My Reports” and then you will see your “Aircraft Type.”
Follow these steps to upload a flight once you are logged into the system:
- Click the + sign.
- Click the tail number (This number will be assigned to you after you provide it when signing up).
- Click “Attachment” and choose your flight data file (You can upload multiple files by selecting more than one when attaching them).
- Click “Submit.”
To finish setting up your account:
- Click the “Home” button to go back to your reports page.
- Click “All Flights.”
If you signed up for PMOPA, you have a 90-day free trial and the following will not apply. Please skip to step 3.
- This is where you will be directed to sign up for a Stripe account. Follow the subscription directions, selecting your preferred plan (either $10 a month or $105 a year) and entering your payment information and details. (You will only have to do this the first time you sign up.)
3. Once this is completed, you will be directed back to the “All Flights” page and will be able to view any manually uploaded flights and their Post-Flight Report (PFR) with the data you uploaded by selecting the flight ID.
How do I transmit my flight data for PMOPA’s FDM Program via AirSync?
For instructions on how to log in via AirSync, visit https://www.air-sync.com/getting-started-with-airsync-and-pmopa/.